12 February 2007

Hi All

This is a blog created by H. Ryan Jones to hopefully keep all my family and friends at home up-to-date on what I'm doing in Uganda as a Peace Corps volunteer (2007-2009).

I leave in about three weeks (March 2nd!) and I've only realized in small degrees that I will be gone for two years and how much I will miss everyone.

First, here's some essentials:

My mailing address in Uganda (letters ~6 weeks, packages much longer - no boxes are better):


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE THIS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2007 (although the old one seems to work too):

H. Ryan Jones, PCV
U.S. Peace Corps
P.O. Box 29348
Kampala, Uganda

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first 8 weeks I'll be in training for my job as a primary school teacher trainer, as well as culture & language training, and health & safety training. After that I'll be stationed in a rural village where I will probably not have running water or electricity. Thankfully, I will have a "Ugandan tutor" counterpart who will help me out in my position.

That's all for this post - more to come.

3 comments:

  1. Geez...looks like I'm the first post!

    Have a safe trip - Keep in touch, and all that good stuff. We (the readers of your blog) will anxiously await your future posts - Take care of you!

    Your Bro,
    Jas

    P.S. A man with one chopstick goes hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jones!! i dunno what i'll do without you, but i've still gotta week before you head out, so i'll make the most of it! i'll miss you bro, but fernanda and i'll be down to visit you during your stay, and you can always call us or write us (or we can write letters the old school way).

    abraços,
    jay

    ReplyDelete