18 April 2007

PICTURES!!!

































































































I figured out that the pictures I was trying to upload were just too ridiculously huge for the computers here to handle (~3MB each), so I used my host family's computer to make them smaller first : ). Enjoy!
Captions:
* A cool leaf I saw in the farm attached to Nakaseke College
* A neat shot after the charcoal stove has been lit in the kitchen at night.
* A photo of the yard to the east of the house showing my clothes drying on the line and our garden, which seems to mostly consist of aloe plants. Sometimes on Sundays when it's hot we nap under the mango tree which you can see part of in the top right.
* Here's a few of our enkoko (chickens).
* A crazy lizard thing I saw while sitting under the mango tree.
* Here's a picture of the "bush" taken from Nakaseke college to give you an idea of what the terrain here looks like (a.k.a green and jungly, and not really any mountains - probably will be similar in Kayonza).* A sweet sunset. * This is the kitchen where every night my host mom cooks a feast on three charcoal stoves ! Amazing she be.
* The picture of my house for the next 2 years (I will see it next week), supposedly it has electricity!
* The Mukiibi House - Home Sweet Home. It's fairly small, but the boys sleep in a different room (the one behind Dan) , which is separate and attached to the kitchen
*Me and my host Father, Wilson Mukiibi, chillin' at the homestead.
* My 2nd oldest brother staying at the house, Dan. He's taught me how to make juice, sometimes helps me with washing clothes (which I've caught him doing now), and I help him with physics and math homework.

Will try to get some more on next time.
P.S. Let me know with a reply or an email if anyone has any requests for pictures. There are a lot of cool birds here that I'm going to try to get "snaps" of. Also, I'm keeping the bigger versions (may have to start writing them to CD or something soon though).

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes when I get online and have a moment, I check your blog out of idle curiosity and have been pleasantly surprised every time this week! Thank you for posting photos and stories. You'll receive your own photos and stories soon.

    I don't have and specific requests for photos. Your house when you finally meet it? I really like photos of the everyday things you encounter, so I can piece together how life is over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Nicaragua without the volcanos. Thanks for posting these, it's great to be able to picture a bit of where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno if you can watch the video, but: http://www.instructables.com/id/ERSV3ZTAA8EP287HYR/?ALLSTEPS

    ReplyDelete