02 June 2008

Emotional State, Letters Received & Awesome News!

Just another small blog post here, mostly due to the fact that I've been receiving a lot of awesome letters and really need to get my butt in gear to reply to all of them.

Letters Received


  • Mom: Cute card. Gyebaleko (trans. nice work!) on hosting Eraetu.
  • Grandpa Dick: Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted. Something small coming your way soon.
  • Michelle: Awesome pictures & beautiful letter. Like some of the past ones it's a work of art that should be displayed rather than put on the shelf, I haven't figured out a good way to do it yet though.
  • Amy Nicholas: Laughed my butt off, even the blueprints on the back (no carpet in the collection center ;).
  • Dave: I've been listening non-stop to the new music. Thanks for taking the time during busy finals week to make those. I just recently got some ugandan music on my computer. I'll try to organize it a bit and repay the favor.

Also, I managed to lose the letters I got from Tara and Lizzy (I know, it was lost once and now again -- MADNESS!). But I have your addresses so I'll just write/draw some random things for you.

Lastly, I've been keeping track of my emotional state by drawing in my planner smiley, frowny, and blandy faces, respectively :) :( :|. And I assigned them numbers from -2 to 2 with blandy at 0 and made a graph. Here it is:


Note that the mean (orange line) is above 0, and that March was very manic depressive. Things seem to be smoothing out though, which is good.






AWESOME NEWS! I'M COMING HOME!


It just so happens that I am DEFINITELY coming home August. I'll be flying in on the 6th and then heading out the 25th. WOOT! TWO AND A HALF WEEKS OF AWESOMENESS!!!

Please put in your orders for cool african things, drums, games, carvings, whatever. More to come.

Adios,
The Jonesinator

2 comments:

  1. AIEE! Hot damn!
    Good job picking the "I'm home and not working" month to come visit. I look forward to it SO MUCH.

    Glad to hear you're averaging above zero. Much love and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly burst into tears of joy when I read that you will be coming back to visit in August. Jack had to rush into the room to find out why I was crying. It will be so great to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete