29 November 2008

Philosophy Link & Letters Sent/Received

I know I promised I'd write something more substantial, but I instead wrote an article on moral philosophy for my friends' communal blog. Here's a link (it should be posted soon) if you're interested:
Seattlife

    Letters+ Received


  • Michelle: amalgamation of friends' b-day messages. The prayer flag Rocks and I often find myself contemplating it, although I can't firgure out what the blue world map(?), or heart(?) thing is - story behind that?

    • Dave: New music cd is sweet! I've been listening almost non-stop to M.I.A. and also am really digging MGMT and Keane.
    • James: I almost have "The Senator" memorized. My neighbors undoubtedly think I'm insane laughing to myself in my house.
    • Lawrence: No aplogies necessary, I love hand-made cards. Also, I haven't really noticed the financial crisis so much over here -- village life just plods slowly (very slowly) on.
    • Amy & Jack: Thanks so much for the card and the pictures, my favorite is where Amy is surrounded by her posse of dashing and deadly body-guard-bridesboys.

  • Mom & Grandpa: Card was cool, I'd never heard the hippie saying, "You can't trust anyone over 25." Also, tell Grandpa "thanks" for the card and small letter he sent. I'm planning to write something longer to him soon.

    "Things" Sent


  • A little photographic media with descriptions to: Mom, Allie, and Michelle.
  • Preliminary Thank You cards have been sent to computer lab donors, they should arrive with luck in about 3 weeks.

    Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes of course - the blue flag is an outline of the San Juan Islands, and it is a projection of them that is a little morphed to make it heart-shaped. It is included because the San Juans are a Significant Place to me - beautiful, special in some ways, removed from everyday life.

    For a little more context, Cait drew the designs on the yellow one and the purple on (though not for the flags specifically), the red one is the Library house "L," and I am especially fond of the fact that the phrase "Nothing is finished, nothing is perfect, nothing is permanent" is cut off (as it was in its original incarnation, painted on the wall at burning man).

    all my best. (happy thanksgiving too)

    ReplyDelete