03 June 2007

A few Pictures


Captions:











* This one's for Arya - and everybody else out there that like Apocalypse. This is the most post-apocalyptic motorcycle I've ever seen in reality, enjoy.


* This is my room - The main sitting room that I'm currently sleeping in because it is the only one that has an electric light (I know! ELECTRICITY!). Supposedly an electrician will come to put in a security light out in the back and fix the light in the bedroom. The bed is mine, but the rest of the furniture is on loan from my counterpart, John


* This is my ride - I bartered for it in Kampala, had it strapped to the back of a mini-bus to get it home and am currently fiddling wit the back gears and the chain length. Next big project is mudguards.



* This is my faucet - I get water from the borehole, which is a big metal pump that's not too far away. Shoulders are going to be awesome when I come back from carrying these jerry cans across the soccer field. BTW: That bucket looks all dirty because I'm still washing my walls (haven't got to the one behind these yet), and a lot of the water-based paint comes off when I do it. Another BTW: Anybody have some creative ideas for what I can put on my walls, I'm thinking of painting in installments and doing cool things like quotes and stuff and maybe some drawings (and definitely pictures that I get sent from home!).

3 comments:

  1. I have a similar thought every time I ride uphill to get home - "My legs are going to be awesome after this year..." Somehow it makes the pain more worth it for me.

    Maybe you could cover your walls with a big evolving collage mural of your time in Uganda, starting in one corner and filling in with cool things you hear, things you learn, pictures, dreams you have, drawings of really beautiful places you go, that kind of things. Then over the next two years if you keep working on it you'll be able to see this big adventure expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome bike, I approve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for people to know.

    ReplyDelete